Click on one of the topics below to get more information. You can also Download Materials on the right — these are great resources that can help you learn more about a topic.
I need help buying food. Where can I get help?
- Food stamp benefits can help you and your family eat nutritious foods. You may qualify even if you work full time.
- You can buy food at any supermarket, grocery store, or certified farmers' market that accepts the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) system.
Am I eligible to receive food stamps?
- Find out quickly if you are eligible to receive food stamps by visiting www.myfoodstamps.org/eligible.html. This free site has a few short questions to help you figure out if you might qualify for food stamps. It can also help you learn how to apply for food stamps in your county.
Where can I get more information about other nutrition assistance programs (e.g. free or reduced-price school meals)?
- Call toll-free 1-888-328-3483.
- Visit the USDA's Food Assistance Programs Web site.
- Download the USDA's Income Guideline chart to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
- Contact your Regional Network agency directly. Click Local Contact Information. Then, click on your region on the California map to get local contact information. They can help you find the closest place for you to get more information. We have over 150 agencies in California—and they all want to help you.
- Visit your Regional Network's Web site for a list of events—like free health clinics, health fairs, and farmers' markets—going on in your area. Click on your region on the California map below to find their Web address.
Where can I find a food stamp office in my area?
- Find an office in your county by visiting the California Department of Social Services Food Stamp Programs site.
- After you find your county's information, call the local number or visit their Web site.
How can I become a Network Champion Mom (or Champion Dad, Grandparent, etc.)?
- Contact your Regional Network agency directly. Click Local Contact Information. Then, click on your region on the California map to get local contact information.
We can't wait to hear from you.
I still cannot find what I am looking for on this site.
How can I find a nutrition or physical activity agency in
The Network has over 150 agencies serving California in 11 different regions. Mouse over your region on the California map to find an agency near you.
Counties: Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz
Monterey County Dept. of Health Community Health Division
632 E. Alisal Street
Salinas, CA 93905
Contact: Christine Moss
Counties: Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Tehama, Trinity
California Health Collaborative
25 Jan Court, Suite 130
Chico, CA 95928
(530) 345-2483 ext. 215
Contact: Patricia Mannel
Counties: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Mono, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Solano, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba
Health Education Council
3950 Industrial Blvd., Ste. 600
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Contact: Ramona Mosley